Winter Makers Market 2/1
How on tar-nations are we going into FEBRUARY already?!? It seems like just yesterday, we were bringing in the new year.
But, we're excited that it's February because we have extended the Winter Makers Market season through the end of May!! That means, you get four extra months (or 18 more weeks) of access to the local food, body care products, and home decor products you love most!
We don't want any of our friends missing out on the news, so help us spread the word!
Mark your calendars and join us every Saturday from 9am-2pm for the festivities. This is a great opportunity to meet your producers and learn how their products are made! 👨🌾👩🍳👩🌾👨🍳 Thanks for #shoppinglocal with us. 😍😍😍
This year, we are focused on education, and we think a great place to start is with shoppers who shop at our markets!
Without asking the questions below, how are you to know whether the person selling that tomato you are about to purchase grew it, or simply bought it for resale? What were their growing practices? Here is a list of questions that you should ask when shopping for food, be that at the farmers market or grocery store:
• How did you grow or raise this?
• What growing practices do you use?
• What do your animals eat and where do they live?
• When was this packed? • How do you control for insects and weeds? Do you use pesticides? • Where is your farm located? • How should I store and/or prepare this food?
• How many different types or produce do you grow?
Check out the list below of the products you can expect to see this week:
- Honey mustard
- Breads and cinnamon rolls
- Hand soaps and body washes
- Jams and jellies
- Dessert toppings
- Crocheted items
- BBQ sauce
- Seasonal produce
- Body mists
- Body care products
- Locally roasted coffee and tea
- Salad dressings
- Local art
- Farm fresh eggs
- Canned veggies
💲💲💲 We accept cash, card, check, EBT, and don't forget your Market Bucks!
Also, be sure to text "Casper" to 307.212.6699 to receive weekly text updates of all things local!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS - we hope to see you there!🤩